Restorative Yoga is a practice that is all about slowing down and opening your body through passive stretching. During the long holds of restorative yoga, your muscles are allowed to relax deeply. It’s a unique feeling because props, rather than your muscles, are used to support your body.
Ravi Chermala’s Restorative Yoga classes are an invitation to a profound sense of relaxation and renewal.
In these sessions, Ravi guides students through a sequence of poses that are held for longer periods, typically five minutes or more, allowing for a deep release of stress and tension.
- A calm, soothing environment where you can unwind and disconnect from the frenzy of life.
- Gentle, supported postures using props like bolsters, blankets, and blocks to facilitate complete relaxation.
- Focus on releasing tension and enhancing the flow of energy through the body.
- An approach that encourages healing and recuperation for the body and mind.
- Mindfulness practice throughout the session to support mental clarity and peace.
- Individual attention and adjustments to ensure a deeply nurturing experience.
- A meditative atmosphere where the gentle pace allows for introspection and mindfulness.
Ravi’s Restorative Yoga classes help counteract the effects of a busy lifestyle and provide a space for attendees to rejuvenate their body and mind, leaving them feeling balanced and refreshed.